Nile Style: Egyptian Cuisine and Culture: Expanded Edition by Amy Riolo
Now available in an expanded paperback edition, Nile Style is the first cookbook devoted to the multi-ethnic and multi-religious history of the Egyptian table. Twenty-five unique menus celebrate occasions such as the Ancient Nile Festival, Ramadan Breakfast, and Passover. Each menu includes a historical and anecdotal introduction along with the recipes. From classics like Fava Bean Puree, Yogurt with Honey, and Whole-Wheat Pita Bread, to Lamb-Filled Phyllo Triangles and Peanut, Coconut, and Raisin Baklava, there is something here to tempt every palate!
- More than 150 easy-to-follow recipes
- Egyptian Food History Timelines
- Glossary of Egyptian Ingredients and Where to Buy Guide
- Where to Dine in Egypt Guide
- 16-page color photo insert