Al-Kitaab Part Two: Third Edition Bundle: Book + DVD + Website Access Card by Kristen Brustad, Mahmoud Al-Batal and Abbas Al-Tonsi
Al-Kitaab Part Two is the third book in the Al-Kitaab Arabic Language Program, the bestselling Arabic textbook series. It is intended for use in second-year (or equivalent) Arabic courses, though it can also be utilized in the second half of second semester courses. This book focuses on strengthening reading and writing skills and continuing to grow conversation skills.
This new edition follows the trajectory charted by the popular new third editions—integration of two spoken varieties, more grammar explanation, more exercises, and more activities that engage learners throughout. Part Two picks up where Part One ends (incorporating chapters 14-20 from Part 1, 2nd ed.) A companion website offers drills, audio and video. The text is highly directed, indicating when drills should be done at home or in class. This new edition includes new authentic reading texts and new real-situation dialogues.
• Four-color design throughout the book with more than 100 illustrations
• Color-coded words and phrases throughout to easily follow the variety or varieties of Arabic you want to learn—Egyptian, Levantine, or formal Arabic
• Presents the story of Maha and Khalid in formal Arabic and Egyptian, and Nasreen and Tariq in Levantine
• Expanded grammar explanations and activation drills, including discussions about colloquial and formal similarities and differences
• New video dialogues from everyday life in both Egyptian and Levantine to reinforce vocabulary in culturally rich contexts
• Develops reading comprehension skills with new authentic texts
• Reinforces learning through extensive classroom activities and homework exercises that provide constant review
• Includes Arabic-English and English-Arabic glossaries, reference charts, and a grammar index
• A DVD that includes audio and video materials for offline study that will play in iTunes