Farsi (Persian) for Beginners: Mastering Conversational Farsi by Saeid Atoofi Ph.D.
Farsi is the language of Persia (present-day Iran)—the mellifluous mother tongue of famed 13th-century poet Rumi, whose works are still among the best-selling poems in America today. Farsi for Beginners is a complete language course by experienced teacher Dr. Saeid Atoofi which can help you to speak the language and understand this beautiful work of art in its original, as well as open doors to Persian culture.
Whether for pleasure, travel or business, language learners will find these lessons clear and easy to follow. By the end of this course, you'll be able to understand short sentences, express your basic needs, and read and write the 32-letter Farsi alphabet.
Farsi for Beginners contains the following essential features:
- Native-speaker audio recordings help you to pronounce Farsi accurately.
- Dialogues and stories about a family traveling to contemporary Iran.
- Idioms, sayings and poems introducing you to the cultures in which Farsi is used.
- Extensive exercises with answer keys to guide your learning process.
- Photos and insider cultural tips teach you about Persian culture.
Nearly one million Iranian-Americans live in the U.S. today, and a part of Los Angeles is referred to as "Tehrangeles". Farsi is also considered a "critically needed" language by the U.S. government. Learning Persian with Farsi for Beginners and its accompanying audio disc, can open opportunities for travel, for work, or simply to meet new people and understand their lives in a totally new way.