- The signature spice blend of Palestine, used on tomatoes, meat, fish, eggs, labne cheese
- Organic thyme is grown near Nablus by 22 women farmers on small plots, picked, meticulously cleaned and dried by them
- The thyme is blended with roasted sesame seeds, ground sumac, and a touch of salt by a PFTA women-owned cooperative in Al-Jalama
- Olive oil, za'atar and fresh-baked bread is the daily breakfast in Palestine
- Za'atar keeps indefinitely refrigerated or frozen.
- Available in 65g boxes
Through a combination of extensive education and training, organic and fair trade certification, and community empowerment programs, Canaan Fair Trade, a Palestinian commercial enterprise, enables small farmers and women organized in village cooperatives to pool their resources and have direct access to long-term global market opportunities. Specifically the initiative creates economic stability for rural Palestinian communities caught in the midst of conflict by cultivating local and global partnerships that are invested in creating economically viable and environmentally sustainable farming in Palestine. Canaan combines traditional farming practices with cutting edge innovations in farming and production through research and development to enhance product yield and quality, resulting in premium products that are competitive in global markets. As a result small farmers and women are able to earn a living, maintain their relationship to their land, and provide a future for their children